Saturday 12 May 2012

Lucian Freud



My friends Ls are in town and as is their habit they berated me for not taking advantage of the rich cultural opportunities on offer in London.

Had I already been to the Lucian Freud at the National Portrait Gallery, they wanted to know. And I am really grateful to the Ls for asking. I had meant to go when the exhibition opened and had totally forgotten about it.

It is a wonderful big exhibition full of Freud’s powerful portraits. Moreover, it is a rare opportunity to see so many Freuds, many of which are in private collections, in one place.

The exhibition is running until 27 May. If you have not yet been – Go. It is worth coming to London just for that. 

2 comments:

  1. I do not particularly fancy his sitters. The dog, however, has style and is certainly house-trained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. גם אני המלצתי לך על התערוכה....:))

    ReplyDelete