Sunday 17 December 2017

Getting Older


The New York Times ran an article, a few days ago,  suggesting that people my age, spend more time:
1.   Playing golf
2.   Playing cards
3.   Playing with their grandchildren
4.   Playing with the remote control


So: I have never played golf, nor have I played any game of cards, since I was a child. I do not plan to start either. I do not have grandchildren to play with, nor do I own a TV.

Therefore, dear New York Times, I am unable (and unwilling) to follow your advice.

Happy new Year.

3 comments:

  1. You exist at the far end of a Gaussian bell graph of probabilities. You cannot be accounted for, unfortunately.
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have no TV but, if you behave, we can perhaps arrange for you to play with our grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMHO the obvious conclusion is that you're not THAT old.

    ReplyDelete